Year 2010 New Year’s Resolution

In year 2009, I have manage to reduce half of my wedding assignment compare to previous year and fulfill my dreams of winter prewedding shooting and overseas prewedding assignment in Indonesia,Australia, UK, France and Greece. I will post my overall for year 2009 probably in late Jan 2010 after I conclude all items. So for now, lets work on my new year , 2010 resolution.

With recent “almost” car accident and the things that I go thru and happening around me in year 2009, I think a lot about what I want in my future life. Life is short, I dont want to feel regret when I was 80 years old and blaming myself what I have not done and what I have done wrong. So, I make a few decisions during my recent trip in Seoul.

After I tender my resignation to Exes Studio and TPG (The Professional Gallery) few days back, I will be targeting 24 wedding assignments in year 2010 which is half of this year and quarter of my year 2007 jobs. Reason being, there are much more things for me to focus on and I wanna focus on quality rather than quantity for my wedding assignments. It is the passion that I have.

For year 2010, 5 main things I must achieve :

• Spend more time with my kiddo during weekend.
    They are growing up fast. While I can still carry them and hug them in my arm, I wont wanna miss the time spending with them.
  • Clear out all my credit card and personal loan debt
    yeah, i know, spending too much on my photography gear. time to put a stop. No more new purchase unless necessary. I mean it.
  • Time for Further Improvement in Photography Skill
    Strengthen my own style and skill. Hunger for more! photography is so interesting that the more you shoot, the more you wanna to learn. It is a huge space out there for us to explore.
  • A Real Vacation for myself
    let me see, Tibet, mt bromo, hokkaido, taiwan, 九寨沟 (Jiuzhai Valley)… too many places.. must get there before I am too old to walk around..
  • Live a Healthy Life Style
    and to reduce my tummy size hahahahaha, nothing more important than staying healthy to carry out all the above 5 wishes list

• Winnie Chen-HeadDecember 28, 2009 - 1:46 pm

Great news, Edwin. I think I should focus 2010 on myself, too. Have been neglecting health, family, finances, etc.

As long as you’re not announcing that you want to stop photography, I’m always your supporter!!!

Happy New Year.

• Paul KongDecember 28, 2009 - 2:03 pm

good planning you have,, all the best to you on 2010!

• IanDecember 28, 2009 - 2:04 pm

I’m for you bro. Keep up the good work.

Yes, I will be closely monitoring your finances and your waistline too!

• edwintanDecember 28, 2009 - 2:04 pm

Thanks Winnie, I always appreciate your support and remember how lucky i am to be your wedding photographer. Thanks for giving me the chance. It was the most important wedding assignment that year.

• MimiDecember 28, 2009 - 2:09 pm

great planning for 2010 Edwin, go for it!!!!! wish you all the best.

• Jack TanDecember 28, 2009 - 2:14 pm

lol…. good to know u have made a resolution for those… i hope u can achieve all those

• Pamelyn Tan-CorsiDecember 28, 2009 - 4:00 pm

Wishing you a great start to 2010 and the resolutions made are a reflection of a good and healthy mind map to a better life. I wish you the very best Edwin.

• Bernard KhooDecember 29, 2009 - 2:53 pm

You’re one of my inspiration as I just got aboard the wedding photography this year. What you have stated above has also given me a better guidance and I agree with you; family is important as they are the ones that support you when it’s ups or downs. Happy New 2010 Year !!

• Mark LeoDecember 29, 2009 - 4:27 pm

Hey bro, thats fantastic man in regards to your resolutions. Keep it up and take care of yourself man!

• RobinDecember 29, 2009 - 10:49 pm

Wishing you all the best in 2010! Cheer

• […] me take a look on what I wrote for year 2010 resolution… guess that I didn’t make it at all except increase my time with my kiddo during […]